Consider These Before Buying a Cordless Inflator
Before we delve deeper into the details of this Dewalt DCC020IB review, let’s first look into what makes a good cordless inflator. This will help you decide later on if the Dewalt inflator is the one that you’re looking for.
- Air Pressure Gauge – Needless to say, this one is necessary so that you’ll know if you’re using the right pressure as you are using the inflator.
- Auto-Inflate Feature – This is a neat feature because it can make the process way easier for you. You can simply enter the approximate amount of air that you’ll need and then the rest can be done by the inflator.
- AC/DC Compatibility – It would be great if the inflator is both AC and DC compatible. It means that you can use the tool wherever you may be.
- Ease of Use – It is important that the inflator is easy to use. If it’s too complicated then it may be frustrating to operate it. The tool can have all of the necessary features and more without being overly complicated.
Also you can browse the top 10 Best air compressor for cleaning PC article
- Size – A compact inflator is a great tool that you can bring around in your vehicle. You can easily lift it and carry it with you when you need it.
Dewalt DCC020IB Review
With the DCC020IB inflator, you can be sure that it is made of high-quality materials. It’s also pleasant to look at with its bright yellow color. The inflator’s core is solid so you can expect that even if you drop it accidentally, there won’t be much damage to it.
Also read about 10 Best air compressor for cleaning PC-2022
Carrying the Dewalt DCC020IB will also be easy because of the balanced weight and the handle found on top. The weight of the inflator is 5.5 lbs. without its battery. With it, there isn’t a very significant difference in the weight.
Among the features that I like about the DCC020IB is the space for the fingers when carrying it. Even with gloves on, it won’t be much of a problem carrying the inflator. It’s one of those tiny details that make this tool really easy to use.
The Dewalt DCC020IB features 2 LCD monitors. It also has buttons in front and a control wheel. With the monitors, you can control everything. The monitor on the left will show you the progress while you’re using the tool. The right monitor will display the desired PSI whenever you adjust the control wheel.
The control wheel is there so you can set the PSI as well as start or stop the inflator. The buttons and the wheel found on the tool’s front panel are big enough. You can operate them even if you’re wearing gloves.
As a modern inflator, the Dewalt DCC020IB is equipped with an auto-stop feature. What you need to do is to determine the desired PSI with the use of the wheel. When you’re ready, you can press the button to start. The inflator will stop automatically once the job is completed.
One thing that I wished the Dewalt DCC020IB had was a snap-on connector. It is not included in the purchase and you’d need to buy one separately. Usually, the snap-on connector is better and more preferred compared to the standard connector that is included with the tool.
What Users Think of the Dewalt Inflator
Alternatives to the Dewalt DCC020IB
This Dewalt DCC020IB review won’t be complete if we don’t take a look at what other similar models are available in the market. When it comes to looking for a product, it’s vital to check if there’s something that can better fit our needs and requirements. Here are three alternatives to the Dewalt inflator.
- Kensun Digital Inflator – This model features fast inflation with its 120w metal motor which provides great power. It is also AC/DC compatible so you can use it for your car or your home needs. The unit has an auto-shutoff feature just like the Dewalt inflator. It can be used for many different applications.
- Fortem Digital Inflator – You can simply use this inflator by plugging it into the car outlet. It can be used for inflating sports balls, balloons, air mattresses, as well as other inflatables. This inflator features an LED light built into it so you can use it for emergencies during nighttime. It is sturdy and made from durable and lightweight materials.
- NoOne Digital Inflator – This last model also has similar features to the Dewalt inflator. It has a 180w motor for fast inflation. There is also an auto-shutoff to ensure you won’t overload your tires and other inflatables. This inflator from NoOne is easy to carry as well although compared to Dewalt, it looks bare. Nevertheless, it has high ratings from users.
If you want to know more about these inflators, check them out here. It’s best to know what other brands can offer you when it comes to inflators. You may want something with a different color, design, or other specifications. Good research on these things will help you make the right purchase.